Call 0845 257 6692 telephone

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Accounting Freedom are dynamic, forward thinking accountants providing clients across the country with a range of professional services.

You are here: HomeOur ServicesWealth PlanningInsurance



Why Do I Need Insurance?Kingsbridge Logo


Do you give professional advice?

images Will you get paid if you are injured at work?
images Do you visit clients' premises?
images Do your clients visit you?


If you answered ‘yes’ to any of the above then you really do need to be covered.  The first step is to establish the risks your business faces and your legal obligations.  But let’s also consider your legal obligations when operating your business and also your clients, the assumptions they make and the (often standardised) contracts they will expect you to comply with.

What Insurance Do I actually Need?

Any freelancer or contractor working through their own limited company will have experienced the complexity of purchasing business insurance products.  One of the most common questions we’re asked is simply ‘what insurance do I actually need?

  • Professional Indemnity insurance is vital if any errors you make or negligent advice you give leads to financial loss or damages the reputation of those relying on your expertise.  Including legal defence costs and any damages awarded to the claimant it’s a crucial insurance to hold when expertise is what your clients are paying you for.
  • Whether you work from a client’s premises or have visitors to your own place of work, you have a duty to protect anyone who might be affected by your activities. Public Liability insurance would provide cover if someone was injured or property was damaged as a result of your actions in carrying out your duties.
  • Employers’ Liability insurance is compulsory for almost all UK businesses with limited exceptions. Freelancers and contractors who don’t employ anyone are exempt, however, many clients’ standard contracts are drawn up without consideration for the specific legal requirements which apply and will simply insist upon this type of cover.


Is there any other cover that will benefit me?

By understanding your main exposures and contractual obligations KPSol have created a package of business insurance designed specifically for freelancers and contractors, combining cover for the main exposures you could face in your working life.  We include Directors’ and Officers’ Liability insurance which gives you financial protection as a company director where you could be held personally liable if you fail in any of the numerous responsibilities you accept to run and represent a company in an appropriate manner. 

The KPSol policy also provides Occupational Personal Accident insurance which protects you financially if you become unable to work due to injury as a result of an accident at work.


How much should I pay?

The KPSol policy will cover you for less than £36 per month and we promise you’ll never pay more than you have to with our price guarantee.  If you can find the same or better cover for less, we’ll refund the difference.

As an added benefit, you can receive £40 in high street vouchers for every friend you tell about KPSol who goes on to buy a policy from us.*


How do I get in touch?

Liam Green- Senior Client Services Advisor
Web –
Telephone – 01242 808 740
Email – This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

*Terms and conditions apply.  Visit for further information.

Sign up to our services
Refer a friend to us

Go to top

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

I accept cookies from this site.

EU Cookie Directive Module Information